Tuesday, April 14, 2020

Black Feminist Thought Intervention

Due to unforeseen circumstances, at the time I was researching for this project I was unable to record the last living grandparent I have. So I began recording stories of my Mother talking about her Mother, Hannah Olayoriju. We touched on quite sensitive family topics from life in Nigeria, to her take on my Grandmothers miss-steps. 
In an unexpected but greatly welcolcmed turn of events, My Nana, my Father's Mother, sent me audio of her responding to a few questions. It is important to note and thank her for her time as she was unwell but thought it was an opportune time to start recording her family tree/ journey.



Here I have attached the recordings for you to take a listen.

Recordings from Nana

Nana Introducing herself And Where She is From In Nigeria 

Nana Talking About Her Childhood  
Nana Talking More About Her Childhood 




Recordings from Mother 

Listen To The Story of My Grandmother and Her Two Mothers's

Listen to The Story of Grandmother's Birthday Certainty:
Listen to The Story of My Grandmother and Grandfather Coming to London:

Listen to The Story of My Grandmothers Experience With Child Caring Services:

Listen to More Stories Regarding My Grandmothers Experience With Child Caring Services:



Listen to My Mothers Talking About What She Considers to be a Mistake Part One:

Listen to My Mothers Talking About What She Considers to be a Mistake Part Two:

No comments:

Post a Comment